Sunday, October 3, 2010

The start of a New begining

So, today i have been thinking long and hard about my upcoming birthday that has me turning 18. :) And after a profound thought, i thought to myself, i shouldn't be wasting my time worrying about how much money i am going to spend on this elabrate party, i should be thinking of everybody i want around me that day, and everybody that has come and gone into my life these last 18 years.... including the family i never want to ever go away; the Simpson's; the family that has tajen me under their wings and made me one of their own. I could have never asked for anything more amazing as a "surrogate" family.Ken and Cheryl, Kenny and Tenae, Lori and Richard, Kristi, Lisa, Craig, Staci, and Keri. Yes, we have had our moments and hard times, but our moments of weakness just made all of our relationships stronger, and i am sooo thankful that everyone of them, has made our relationship what it is today :). I tell Lisa all the time, that everytime i sat in the waiting room of the ultra-sound place PRAYING for a little sister (all 5 times) God answered my prayers, not right away but he answered them... God didn't want me to have little sisters, because he knew that all the hardships i have fought in my life would need older sisters to help me through it. And March of 2010 God officailly showed me and opened my eyes that after 14 years, he answered my prayers from so long ago. I LOVE you ALL!! and the only thing that i would like to do on my birthday is spend it with my family, biological and "surrogate".

A birthday is not what gifts you receive, and how much money you spend on a party to show popularity, its who you spend that day with, and its you making and enjoying laughs, and maybe a homecooked meal that eat while sitting around a table full of everyone you love, after you give thanks to our Heavenly Father for giving you that birthday, and everyone around you.

so this year i know what i am doing, and it doesnt include maxing out my dad's credit card either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment